J Ms. Stegall’s Top Ten STAAR Tips J
6th Math STAAR Tuesday, April 23
6th Reading STAAR Wednesday, April 24
10. Meet in your testing site at the beginning of each STAAR DAY! Students will know their testing site 2 to 3 days ahead of time. Testing directions begin at 9:30. Lunch for everyone is at 11:40. Testing is concluded at 2:00. Students only get 4 hours to test! They will be reminded every hour how much time is left and more frequent reminders will be given during the last hour!
9. Be in Dress Code! We will do Hoodie Pouch Checks!!! Don’t bring anything extra!
8. No Cell Phones! It invalidates the test!!! Phones off and turned in to testing teacher.
7. Lunch for everyone is at 11:40!!! Bring your lunch or order one from the cafeteria two weeks in advance!!! No delivery of fast food is allowed on testing days. Your lunch needs to be brought with you that morning. No exceptions. If you forget your lunch you will be given one from the cafeteria.
6. No Music Devices!! No Electronic devices!! No Nooks, Kindles, I Pads ETC……
5. You may bring a book. No magazines or paper at all!! Books ONLY!!! No talking when you are finished. You must remain silent during the entire testing time until 2:00 or after if there are late arrival testers. An announcement will be made when testing is complete.
4. All items you bring to the testing site will be stored at the front of the room.
3. Use a number 2 pencil only and check your bubbling!!!! Bubble as you go!!
2. Manage your time well and use your strategies!!! PLEASE work your hardest!!! McLean 6th is the THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!! We will be compared to other 6th graders across the state of Texas. Bring your best and do your best!! THANKS!!!
1. BE HERE!!!! Mark your calendar and don’t miss!! Please don’t schedule anything else on testing days!! BE HERE!!!! Attendance is everything!!!
Study, Study, School’s Your Buddy!!!